I moved my blog to www.abagaddictblogs.blogspot.com Check out my latest ramblings over there!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Only Believe


So we sang again this Sunday. For those of you who know me, you know I sing in a little Ensemble group for church on certain Sundays as and when we are scheduled. There are five of us, and we do have fun doing it, although sometimes for the other four who have corporate jobs, I am sure they feel it's tiring sometimes to have to 'work' on Sunday as well. However I do believe ministering to people through music is a really dandy way to serve.

I have been singing since maybe four or five. It's some thing that comes naturally to me. I remember entertaining my parent's guests when I was little. They would ALWAYS ask me to give a little song and dance presentation. Aiseh..I think I was exploited even from then! :P

So anyway, today we sang a song called "Only Believe" and since I had the solo part this time, I practiced a lot. I rehearsed getting the tone right and the breathing at the correct places right, that somehow I think I missed the meaning of the song. So I reminded myself, to read the words of the song without focusing on the tune and the technical musical aspects and just listen to how meaningful and encouraging the words are. Let me share...

Started asking some questions,
About your walk with the Lord.
You say the price of salvation,
Is something you can't afford.

Well let me tell you the blessings,
Outweigh the sacrifice.
If you're wanting the good things in life,
He's already paid the price.

Chorus:
If you seek, you will find
All you gotta do is knock, and the door will be opened.
Ask, and you shall receive
If you seek Him, you will find Him
Only Believe

Now it's a spiritual lesson
Sometimes it's harder to learn
But if you're needing an answer from heaven
You've got nowhere else to turn.

Chorus:
If you seek, you will find
All you gotta do is knock, and the door will be opened.
Ask, and you shall receive
If you seek Him, you will find Him
Only Believe

Bridge:
Nobody said it's easy
But you've got nothing to fear
For God is willing and able
and his heart is ready to hear
to hear..

Seek, you will find
All you gotta do is knock, and the door will be opened.
Ask, and you shall receive
If you seek Him, you will find Him

Only if you seek Him, you will find Him
You just seek Him, you will find Him

Only Believe

What a simple yet powerful message. I really feel blessed that we as a group were able to share this very profound message to others today. I hope I will remember it and apply it in areas of my own life as well. For God is good and surely He will never fail to answer, if we knock.

No comments:

Post a Comment