I moved my blog to www.abagaddictblogs.blogspot.com Check out my latest ramblings over there!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

God is watching

This is another subject I have been wanting to write on for a long while. It is about religion and how people apply it in their lives. Now while I am all for the good things that religion teaches us, I wanted to talk about the people who look religious and potray a religious appearance, but don't walk the talk. These people turn me off big time.

Especially living in a religious country like ours where we hear, see and have religion forced down our throats, I think it is the people that need to be better examples of the religion they profess to have. I think that instead of telling others about what you believe in, it is more important to be a good testimony of your faith above everything else. Mere words or your outlook cannot convince another person of your beliefs as strongly as your attitudes and behaviour can.

Some people are a disgrace to their community, culture and religion. They are envious of others, they bare false witness by gossiping and spreading lies or half truths, they cause trouble by carrying stories, they provoke others, they think evil of others and much more. What happened to patience and kindness and virtousness? What happened to a God that teaches us to forgive, to be patient, to be more tolerant of others and to win people over through love and not hate? I guess when people are overcome with their own wicked and selfish desires, they forget that God is watching everything you think, say and do.

So if you have hurt someone intentionally, repent. If you are continuing to hurt others, remember that God is watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment