I moved my blog to www.abagaddictblogs.blogspot.com Check out my latest ramblings over there!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Cameron's

Finally, pictures from my trip up to Cameron Highland's in December. Enjoy...

The road leading up to Bala's Holiday Chalet. We were initially planning on staying here but read a review saying that the rooms are very plain, although the surroundings would be lovely. So we went to have a look at the place and take some pictures.  The road leading up is very narrow and you have to squeeze through. There are cars parked on the left hand side making the road even smaller. 
When you reach the top clearing, it is finally wide and spacious. 
This is the front. 









On the whole, really gorgeous and quaint. Makes a perfect postcard. 

We think this is where Mr Bala and Family stay. It's a house connected to the Holiday Chalet.




Next we ventured on and stopped at a place where you can buy all kinds of flowers and plants plus strawberry jam! Yum Yum! We got two big boxes of jam and I still have some to spare =) I finished three bottles of jam inside 2 weeks after I got back. It's THAT yummy. 




We stayed at Ye Ole Smokehouse. Very pricey and boasts of hosting VIP guests, celebrities and such.  I never knew that, but I have always wanted to stay here, since maybe when I first saw it at age 12!
The view from our room window.  Overlooking part of the golf course. 

The garden below.
It was quite busy with families and kids. Not too busy since they don't have many rooms, but I would think busier than usual since it was the holidays. 



Inside Ye Ole Smokehouse












Steps leading to the guest rooms.
The Glenlee Suite where we stayed. I had read about the rooms and initially planned on requesting for this room, and when I called at the last minute it was the only room left available, what luck! The room was nice and cosy, but it was below what I had personally expected.  It has a musty old feeling which can be quite eerie if you're only used to very modern type of hotels.  But still very quaint and pleasant. 

The 'pretend' fireplace.




A special closed off area.
The back garden.



The surroundings






We only stayed for one night due to time constraints.
It was raining when we were leaving Ye Ole Smokehouse for home.







Definitely an experience. If you've not gone, you should at least go once and try it out.  As I said before it's pricy, but being in Malaysia, there aren't very many old English type cottages you get to stay in, so this one does the job nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment