I moved my blog to www.abagaddictblogs.blogspot.com Check out my latest ramblings over there!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Penang

My Tivoli GM is here. No time to take pictures and post lah. Lazy. :P But the bag is an excellent size, not too big as one person commented earlier in another post. I am craving for another get away as usual. Been feeling so cooped up lately, like I need to expand my horizons and do different things. I do want to go back to Melaka and get the awesome Pineapple tarts from this shop on Jonker Street!

I was scouting for some Penang hotels late late last night. I really miss the food and I want to go back! I really like The Gurney because the rooms are really big. For the same price, other hotels don't give you as much space and we all know space is important. Plus they have Free Wifi in all rooms and a Jacuzzi Tub (not that I ever use it but it might be a big plus for someone out there).

So scout scout somemore and decided to book the new hotel adjacent to Gurney Plaza called The G Hotel. G for what? Must be for Gurney lah what else? Doubt it's for G spot, although I am sure some people may beg to differ. The hotel looks really hip and I thought ok I am either gonna love it or I am going to think it's over rated but I won't know unless I try it, so look forward to pictures (if I remember to bring my camera as I have a habit of forgetting it). The hotel's website publishes the promotional rates at RM330, but I got it cheaper at Marimari.com for only RM253 including taxes. No breakfast though, but I hate waking up for breakfast, so that's ok and besides Penang food is so good, why eat in? It really really was a toss up between The Gurney and The G Hotel, but I've stayed at The Gurney several times over. The part of me that likes familiar faces and places wants to play safe, but the adventorous side of me is saying try something new. Besides, it being beside Gurney Plaza and only a short walk to the makan stalls should make it convenient when I am hungry at midnight. So we will see how it goes!

Will update when the pictures are in!

Update: All the Standard Rooms at The G are booked, so I guess back to The Gurney we go! Let's hope! Calling to book now.... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment