I moved my blog to www.abagaddictblogs.blogspot.com Check out my latest ramblings over there!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spaghetti Meatballs

I have been so peeved with Streamyx. I know everyone is. But me especially in the last few weeks. You would know if you have called them to report a slow connection that they always ask you to go thru step by step troubleshooting steps. Now while I appreciate this in some ways, and also given the fact that perhaps one of those steps would quite possibly work, I always do what they tell me to do like any good girl would do.

However, last night after calling twice, my patience ran out and I blew my top. I was so upset that I told the guy, "Look, I know this is not your fault and you are doing your job. But I have been so patient going thru these steps for the second time this week and I know full well that there is nothing at all wrong with my computer, my modem or my wireless router. Pls stop suggesting that the problem is on my end. I do understand it's important for us to go thru this as there are some people who are completely clueless and non-IT savvy who need this, but honestly..I mean HONESTLY there is something wrong with the connection and it ain't on my side." He tells me this, "If you don't mind, can you try and use another modem and see what the connection is like" To this I respond, "Did you just ask me to use another modem? Is your company asking you to put forth such requests to your customers? Think about this for a moment. Where would a lay person get another modem? Should I run over to my neighbours and borrow theirs? Should I drive to my friend's place and deprive them of their modem and connection just so I can test the connection for you, or should I just go out and buy another one? Of all the senseless things to ask a customer to do, this tops my list at this moment." And he says, "I said IF YOU DON'T MIND.." And I say, "Well I certainly MIND, because it is an unreasonable request and you need to tell your boss that it is completely unreasonable." So then I proceed to insist he give me a report number and tell his technical department to follow up. He then says, "If they don't call you within 2 days, pls call us back." I pause.......and then say, "Think about what you have just said to me. In other words, your company has accepted complacency amongst their staff. Your technical department has just been given a free pass to sit and do nothing for 2 whole days while I suffer with a bad connection. So if they decide they don't want to follow up on my complaint, I then need to call you back? why should a customer succumb to such a level of service?"

No wonder we are still a third world country. Nation's #1 Service Provider my ass! It's a shame and certainly an outcry of the mentality and lack of common sense on the part of the decision makers of TM. In all my experience working, I have never come across such idiotic responses and nonsensical requests and statements from any such organisation. If I had a choice, I would not subscribe to them and contribute further to this detrimental sinking excuse for an organisation. Now it's not Eza's fault. He just does what he is told. It's not his trainer's fault, they teach what they are told to teach. What I want to know is, who is the idiot who is sitting somewhere above these people who make the decision that it is OK for a customer to receive second rate service. That it is OK for a Customer Service agent to say "if you we don't call you, pls call us" WHO IS THIS IDIOTIC possibly UNEDUCATED, BRAINLESS, LACKING IN COMMON SENSE IMBICILE??? Now THAT I want to know, because it is people like them who keeps us from moving forward and teaches his staff and colleagues that it is ok to be less than excellent. It is ok, so say "kalau kita tak call you..you call la kita balik" like as if I am having an afternoon conversation with a friend over tea! Pfffft!

Now comes the best part. As soon as I hang up, my connection is not only back to normal..it is now in excellent health. Chugging along like there was never a problem at all. I must mention that this is NOT THE FIRST TIME this has happened. Now is something fishy going on or what??? What stunts are they trying to pull? Do they honestly think that every Malaysian is as stupid as they are because they are stupid enough to think that no one will realise this and they will get away with this? Do they really believe that our hard earn money which we give away to pay their salaries monthly do not deserve a high level of quality and service which is consistent 365 days a year? Do they think we were born yesterday in some village by the stream that we will just 'forget' or 'ignore' an unhealthy connection because that's just the way it is?

I beseech the public and anyone reading this to not keep quiet if you face a problem with any organisation out there who should be providing excellent and top notch service on every level. We are paying customers. We deserve the best and we should not settle for less. Whether it is a bank, the post office, a department store, anywhere, anytime. Because if we remain silent and also accept complacency, then we are no better than the idiots who remain complacent and do nothing about service improvement.

Yes, I am upset but I believe my points are valid. Yes we should be understanding and murah hati and whatever else I can pull out of my BM dictionary right now, but that doesn't mean we sit back, pay RM88 a month and do nothing. RM88 a month is RM1056 a year. So speak up and sound the alarm and don't be afraid to tell them where to sock it if they give you any bull.

Raving idiots with spaghetti meatballs for brains...Pffft!

No comments:

Post a Comment